Been busy lately? Or missing out on important tasks while you set out to accomplish others? Great news—Flock’s Reminders App has got your back. With the app, you can set reminders for yourself and your teammates, for just about anything.
While you could previously set reminders for yourself or a channel via the ‘/remind’ command; with shiny new Reminders, there’s a lot more in store!
*Drum roll please*
Here’s everything you can do with Flock's Reminders:
Access the Reminders app from the app sidebar
So here’s the one place where you can see all the things you’ve been running late or steady on. You can:
- Create/View/Edit/Delete your reminders from the app sidebar
- View all upcoming reminders for you or your team members
Set reminders for yourself
- Open the app sidebar and set a reminder for yourself
- The Reminder Bot will remind you when it’s time
Set reminders for everyone else
- When you’re creating a reminder from the app sidebar, you’ll have the option to add anyone you like
- You can set reminders for an entire channel at one go
- When it’s time, the Reminder Bot will shoot a message in the channel
Want to master the Flock app? Check out our step by step Guide to Getting Started with Flock for more tips and tricks.
Snooze your reminders
Not free enough to be reminded of a new task? Snooze the alarm and get back to your task, whenever your plate is relatively free.
Choose a time and date for your reminders
- You can set reminders for a few minutes or hours later
Eg. ‘/remind me in 45 minutes to get on a video call with the team in China’
- Or you can set it for a specific time
Eg. ‘/remind me at 7pm to say hello’
- You can set reminders for a particular date
Eg. ‘/remind all on 30th June to file tax returns’
- You can chose to repeat a reminder
Use slash command reminders
The good ol’ time saving slash reminders are still a part of Flock.
- Type ‘/remind’ and complete the reminder message with the help of the prompt command.
For example, to set a reminder for yourself, type ‘/remind me in 15 mins to attend the brainstorming session’
- Type ‘/remind’ and again, follow the prompt command
- For instance, to set a reminder for all your team members, type ‘remind all in 2 hours to prepare presentation for the meeting’ while you’re in that particular channel
Reminders come extremely handy when you’re tackling time sensitive issues at work. Or when you don’t want to let a thing slip by.
Use Flock's reminders feature? Tell us what you reminded yourself of today :)
This post was updated with new information in October 2019.